Monday, July 1, 2019

Oasis Swimsuit/Fabric Fairy order is here!




My order came in yesterday!
I am ready to start sewing up my new Oasis bathing suit

I chose the Fabric Fairy because at the time I was looking for swim fabric, they had the biggest selection. Though this design wasn't my first choice, (they didn't have enough material of my first one), I think this is going to come out really cute! Yes I know I called it Fairy Fabric in my last post, it's ok, the link was correct. (hence why some of my projects get gimped up LOL)

I decided to make my own suit when I went to five different stores and could not find what I was looking for.
I have to face it, I'm older now and I need a little (I can't even lie) a lot more coverage than I used to, and still be able to get a decent amount of sun coverage. After almost two months of hunting, I finally found something I "kinda" liked in Panama City,but it still wasn't the all over fit I wanted, so.....

I saw a post on FB for the Oasis pattern and then, of course, went and watched the video. That's normally all it takes for me. When I see how easy she makes it, I'm all in and ready to get on it.

I did pay the extra $10 to have the Fabric Fairy cut my order the same day and, to me, it was worth it. My order shipped fast and was only a few days from order to mailbox, so over all I am pleased with their service. (their prices are pretty darn good too!) and usually the reason I buy from any place. The price....just sayin'


 


This will be the top or bodice of the suit and I am thinking about tweaking the pattern a bit and using some of this for a waistband also. (thinking about it) This is one of those decisions I make when I am almost finished, have to rip out a bunch of stuff and do a bunch more stuff over because I changed my mind, kind of decisions.
In the video she gives the option for leaving openings to put padding in, and I am almost positive that is what I am going to do. I have a few dresses I don't wear anymore that have pads, so yeah, I'm that thrifty i.e. cheap, I'm going to use them for this suit top. 




This is the material for all the straps, (there are a lot of them) the bottoms and the bindings.
I think this will go together quite nicely, and if I don't gimp it up, I will end up with a cute, made by Leah suit to get me through the rest of the summer.
Here we are beaching it until sometimes as late as mid October, so I will definitely get plenty of use out of it. (if I don't gimp it up)



The lining and the elastic, all came from the Fabric Fairy also.


I will probably start cutting everything out tomorrow, maybe Wednesday and keep you up to date!

No comments:

Post a Comment